Thursday, September 24, 2009

favorite musician EVER

I finally got to see Mason Jennings in concert. He was awesome. He sang all of the songs from his new CD (which had just come out the week before) and I loved them, but I wish he had played a few more of his older songs. I think other people did too. He wasn't very chatty, but hearing the music live was more than enough. The other band members were pretty great too, especially the other guitarist who was wearing the nerdiest glasses I have seen since the 4th grade. Jesse also noticed that Mason's thumbs were abnormally long, which was a little creepy...yet cool. I LOVE MASON JENNINGS.

Bonus: the concert was at El Rey Theatre, an art deco building built in 1936 as a movie theater.

We're waiting....

I am a true fan, with a t-shirt to prove it.

Please note: awesome nerdy glasses!

2 comments:

  1. those are freakishly long thumbs!! so glad you got to go.. sounds like a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading that post made me realize how different our lives are. Not in a bad way or anything...just so very different. You know what would be cool? If we could be like that mother-daughter switcheroo movie "Freaky Friday".
    Except instead of going to festivals, I'd be like "No, let's just stay in and watch 'Flight of the Navigator' again." :)
    And the more I look at it, the more I like the word 'switcheroo.'
    ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete