Tuesday, April 6, 2010

plants & animals (& other things with my sis)

My sister came to visit a couple of weekends ago, and along with hanging out on the beach, shopping on Third Street Promenade, and falling asleep to movies, we also got in a few touristy experiences of the plant and animal-viewing variety. First was the Los Angeles Zoo in Griffith Park (the largest urban park in the US), which was a nice pleasant place to walk around with lots of towering vegetation and some interesting animals. Later that night, after a super delicious dinner in Little Ethiopia, we went to the Getty Center and walked around the lovely gardens and caught the photography exhibits. The next day we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific, where the highlights included touching sharks, rays, and tidepool creatures, and watching the jellyfish (or "sea jellies," as they are known these days). Even though we didn't have any kids with us, there's clearly enough "kid" left in my sister and me. We stood patiently with all the five-year-olds for our chance to touch the starfish (and didn't even complain when they cut in line:).

Evelyn at the Los Angeles Zoo
The amazing Getty museum, overlooking the lights of the city.
Touching starfish and other tidepool creatures.
My sister's picture of the sea anemones.
Getting some sun...clearly I need it. I am ten shades paler than my sister and she lives in Wisconsin.
In the bead shop on Main Street (just trying to make you jealous, Mom).

Yuki really loved having Liz around. He desperately wanted her to wake up and play some more. :)
A picture of the Santa Monica Pier from the ferris wheel...another fun, new experience.
Come back soon, Liz!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love those pictures of you and Liz!! Please tell her I say hi, okay?? It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. :) Also, the picture of Yuki is hilarious. If dogs could talk: "You awake yet? You awake yet? You awake yet????"

    ReplyDelete