Sunday, January 1, 2012

renegade round-up

I love going to local art shows in Los Angeles. Usually around this time of year, Jesse and I go to Unique LA, held in the fashion district. This year, we decided to check out the Renegade Craft Fair in the Los Angeles State Historic Park instead. It was a little smaller than Unique LA, but I thought it was nice that it was outside and that some of the artists were from outside the LA area. Of course, part of what makes Unique LA so great is that all of the artists are very local. And the food is better at Unique LA, meaning overall, Unique LA wins, but I am glad we tried something different this time around.

There was a nice view of the city, especially as the sun was setting.

Some of the artists' booths.

This was the cute booth for Eri Sugimoto, a Japanese ceramics artist.

Tangleweeds jewelry made of metal and leather - yup, I got one.

I love the colorful patterned earrings on colorful patterned paper, from Cookie and the Dude.

We got a small version of this print from Misha Ashton. Jesse always like prints of roller coasters and ferris wheels and the like. We also got a small print of some Japanese gates in Kyoto. (Photo from Etsy site.)

I like maps and I love Wisconsin, so I was super excited to get this print from Paper Parasol Press (photo from Etsy site). They also have prints of other states, including California, and some awesome holiday cards.

Card from Ilee Press, which had some very pretty things. (Photo from Etsy site.)

Mehoi had the cutest earrings and things. (Photo from website.)

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! A new post! Love the Wisconsin map and the Japanese Ceramic booth and...well, everything! Looks like it was a fun art fair to attend!
    Mom XO

    ReplyDelete