Tuesday, November 10, 2009

our first movie premiere

When my family was in town last week, we took them to see the celebrity footprints at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. Unfortunately, there was a movie premiere scheduled that night as a part of the AFI film festival, and all of the footprints were covered over with red carpet. While that was disappointing, Jesse did a little research into the film festival and found out that for the first time they were offering free tickets to the general public. So we headed back on Thursday night and, after standing in a very long line, got in to the theatre. The movie was A Single Man, with Colin Firth and Julianne Moore. I was surprised at how different it felt to watch a movie in such a large, historic, beautiful theatre. I'd love to watch every movie this way. The only bummer is that I would have loved to see Colin Firth on the red carpet, but we were around the corner in line for that part.


Yes, I live in Southern California and am wearing a winter scarf...it's been cold at night!!

Afterwards, we got a late dinner at Mel's Drive-In, which I thought I had read was a historic diner. Apparently not.

No comments:

Post a Comment