Tuesday, November 3, 2009

trip to san diego

A good friend of mine from college was headed to San Diego for a wedding a couple of weeks ago, but first flew to LA and hung out with us in Santa Monica for a couple of days. I drove with her to San Diego, and while she was at the wedding, I wandered around Little Italy (where we stayed) and the Gaslight Quarter. It was great and I can't wait to go back. The drive is only about 2-3 hours, and much of it is really nice. Here are a few photos:

The wedding was near a harbor, and the fog was absolutely beautiful when I dropped Sarah off. I watched boats coming in, but could barely see them even though they were so close to the shore. Don't worry, I heard that the fog cleared before the wedding ceremony. :)

This was in the Gaslight Quarter. I had heard it was a great area, but when I exited the parking garage, I couldn't "find" it, and wondered what all the hype was about...looked like a bunch of boring old office buildings to me. After a few blocks, I finally came across this hopping scene: restaurants, clubs, galleries, shops. It lived up to the hype after all. Then I couldn't find the parking garage.

This is in front of the hotel where we stayed in Little Italy. It was a nice street lined with little Italian restaurants.

And I was quite content to find one of the little Italian restaurants and settle in for a while. My food was so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment