Monday, November 1, 2010

san diego

A few weeks ago, work had gotten really hectic while I finished writing a grant proposal. I hoped to have it turned in on a Monday, but it wasn't totally completed until Thursday afternoon (just hours before it was due). In the meantime, I had already agreed to attend several other activities, which did not work out so well since I had to keep stepping out to deal with last-minute issues on the grant. By the end of the week, I was totally drained and really excited for a getaway weekend in San Diego. I had been to San Diego about a year ago with a friend, but Jesse and I had been meaning to go back ever since. It's only 2-3 hours away. There was a lot more to see than we had time for, but we still had an awesome time.

Breakfast at a really cute cafe called Cafe Chloe.

Sea World! The shows were a little dramatic, but I always love watching sea animals.

We were pretty excited to try a new San Diego wine bar where the wine is dispensed in 1 oz portions. It's pretty great because you can try really expensive wines without forking over a bunch of money for a bottle (or even an expensive glass). Plus, you get to try lots of new things. A couple of weeks later, we finally got around to trying a wine bar that is a couple blocks from our apartment. Wouldn't you know, it has almost the same set-up. Not that we're disappointed, but it was a little funny to be so excited to have this experience in San Diego only to find out that we could have experienced it around the corner. Oh well.

YUM. Need I say more?!


On Sunday, we walked around Seaport Village on the waterfront before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment